/ Wilayah Persekutuan
Open All Year...Blended to echo nature, mixed with style and fine traditions, it maintains quality and excellence as its overwhelming missions. Look around you and you’ll notice subtlety and air of a hotel-experience that is beyond all compare.
The Legend Of The Datai
Some people think a hotel is just a bed for the night - A foolish error which this creation put brilliantly right, built amid stunning scenery which leaves the heart fully warmed; Here is the story of how The Datai was formed ....
Blended to echo nature, mixed with style and fine traditions, it maintains quality and excellence as its overwhelming missions. Look around you and you’ll notice subtlety and air of a hotel-experience that is beyond all compare.
Kerry Hill, an Australian now based in Singapore, was the architect invited to expertly draw and Didier Lefort, a talent nurtured in Paris, Designed harmonious interiors to soothe, not to harass. Together they dreamed - stirring toward the goal of achieving sensations to refresh the discerning soul. With villas, suites and rooms like chest of treasure - 108 great hideaways bound by quality beyond measure.
It fits into the landscape, like a hand fits a glove. This architectural symphony composed with care and love, defies the cynical critics who never would believe that this construction could ever be so thoughtfully achieved. To move building parts an elephant was gainfully employed so the natural forest would not be overly destroyed. Everything arrived by boat through the beautiful bay. Local workers then assembled this fine hideaway.
Micro-piling foundations disturbed much fewer trees while securing this construction so sure to please. New trees were resurrected for each one cut down - another jewel in The Datai’s environmental crown. It took three years to develop this feast for the senses which displays such a selection of charming influences, with Mayan Walls, Malay roofs and Japanese screens, creating fine vistas enhanced by geometrical scenes. The marble and stone with in Langkawi were sought and the sturdy timbers from all over Malaysia were brought. The upper reaches are enhanced by belem-wood shingles as luxury and nature so impressively intermingle...
All the decorations only soft and subtle colours reveal providing a gentle environment to relax and feel at one with the surroundings while enclosed within care admiring the magical setting that with nature we share.
In 1993, after every construction puzzle was solved, the Datai proudly opened and since it has evolved Into a renowned, friendly harbour for travellers to find. Built into love and imagination - it’s one of a kind.
Awards wan by the Datai Langkawi
- Grand Award winner Hideaway Report 1995 (December edition-Vol XVII, No 7)
- Reed Travel Service Super Star Award 1997 – 1998
- 9th placing best hotel worldwide in the 1998 Gallivanter’s Awards for Excellence
- 3rd placing best beach resort worldwide in the 1998 Gallivanter’s Awards for Excellence
- 9th placing in the Best Overseas Leisure Hotels award in the 1998 Conde Nast Travel Awards
- 18th placing in the World’s Top 100 in the 1998 Conde Nast Travel Awards
- 6th placing best hotel worldwide in the 1999 Gallivanter’s Awards for Excellence
- 4th placing best beach resort worldwide in the 1999 Gallivanter’s Awards for Excellence
- 5th placing in best overseas leisure hotels in the 1999 Conde Nast Travel Awards
- 9th placing in the World’s Top 100 in the 1999 Conde Nast Travel Awards
- Best of the Best Award in the Tatler’s Travel Guide 2000 edition
- 2nd placing in the best overseas hotel spas award in the 2000 Conde Nast Travel Awards General
- 5th placing in the best overseas leisure hotels awards in the 2000 Conde Nast Travel Awards
- 14th placing in the World’s Top 100 in the 2000 Conde Nast Travel Awards
- Runner up Hotel of the Year in the Tatler’s Travel Guide 2001 edition
- Won the Excellence in Service in 5 Star Category by Tourism Malaysia’s 2001 Award
- 1st placing Overseas Leisure Hotel in the 2001 Conde Nast Traveller Award (October 2001 UK edition)
- 1st placing in the World’s Top 100 in the 2001 Conde Nast Traveller Award
- 3rd placing Overseas Hotel Spas in the 2001 Conde Nast Traveller Award (October 2001 UK edition)
- Winner of Aga Khan Award 2001 for Architecture
- 4th placing Asia Leisure Hotels in 2002 Conde Nast Readers’ Award
- 2nd placing Overseas Hotel Spa in 2002 Conde Nast Readers’ Award
The Beach Club Opens daily from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm Alfresco dining featuring salads, pizzas, pasta, Alfresco Malaysian snacks items, tropical drinks and ice cream Seating capacity of 60 persons
The Dining Room Breakfast : 7:00 am - 10:30 am Lunch : 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Dinner : 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm Buffet breakfast Continental breakfast A la carte lunch and dinner featuring Western and Malaysian cuisine Seating capacity of 80 persons
The Pavilion Opens daily from 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm Serving authentic Thai cuisine Seating capacity of 50 persons
Room Service Available 24-hours Featuring Western and Malaysian cuisine
Lobby Lounge Opens daily from 10:00 am - 12:00 midnight Serves cocktails and light snacks