A legend since 1936, The King George Palace has been home to kings, princes, presidents and Athenians alike.
The only hotel in Athens among the 75 Top Europe Hotels of the Conde Nast Traveler U.S.A. Reader’s Choice Awards, also honored on the 2005 Hot List and the 2007 Gold List.
Some people have status and some seek status from symbols.
The King George Palace was created for people who recognize quality and demand excellence in all they do.
A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, the King George Palace combines the grace and stature of a historic landmark with ultramodern amenities and personal service that puts guests’ comfort above all else – right down to a personal trainer in the state-of-the-art health club, exclusively for hotel guests.
The King George Palace was originally built as a small urban palais that served as an annex to the Palace, which then occupied the building that houses Greece’s Parliament on the square’s eastern flank.
Later, it served briefly as the prime minister’s residence before being acquired by a Greek businessman who added several floors and converted it into a hotel.
One of its first guests was King George II, who made it his haunt.
In the Fifties, Sixties, and Seventies, it was also the favourite hotel of international celebrities, magnates, world leaders, and movie stars like Aristotle Onassis and Maria Kallas, Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier of Monaco, Marilyn Monroe, Brigitte Bardot, Frank Sinatra, and Francois Mitterand.
Ideally located on Constitution Square, this hotel is one of the most famous landmarks in Athens, in the heart of the business and shopping district.
- Within walking distance from the Acropolis, the Old City (Plaka) and most of Athens sights and attractions.
Located on the ground floor, is the best place for rendezvous, after work.
Here, intimate flirts with daring. Here, a place open to the city, to stay for hours, to drink, eat or listen to the music of the DJ’s. Here, a place where the city comes to you.
- Horse lamps designed by Front for Moooi, and black baccarat chandeliers lighten up the royal blue sofas and the crown artwork by Dimitris Antonitsis, on the left.
- Enjoy the exquisite Greco-French cuisine on the right side, sitting on the famous Moooi smoke armchairs in front of Konstantin Kakanias paintings.
- Sip your caramel cappuccino in a golden cup in the library area with the golden Gun Lamps by Philip Stark, just above Scott Campbell’s wall tattoo: “I was very good at doing what I was told”.
- Drink Athens’ most exotic cocktails at the Space Bar with the Mooi Dear Ingo hybrid lamp above.
On the 7th floor, The “Tudor Hall”, Athens most acclaimed gourmet restaurant, overlooks the Acropolis and boasts a Greco-French menu by galloping Gallic Gourmet Alain Ducasse formation.
- This is a favourite rendezvous for politicians, diplomats, corporate executives, and international celebrities.
- Beneath the stunning glass dome, deals are brokered – and wedding proposals made – over an imaginative menu and a panoramic view of the city.
Hours of Operation:
- Breakfast from 07.00 to 11.00
- Lunch from 12.30 to 16.30
- Dinner from 19.00 to 00.00
- Breakfast & lunch | smart casual
- Dinner | jackets required
- Wireless Internet Access
- 24 hours Concierge Services
- Multi-Lingual Staff
- Express laundry/dry cleaning service
- Baby Sitting Services upon request
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Parking nearby
- Car Rental
- Cellular telephone rentals
- Translation services upon request
- Metro Station across the Street
- Guests can also unwind in the indoor swimming pool.
- Horse riding
Guest Rooms & Suites
The King George Palace offers 78 guest rooms, 23 suites, and 1 Royal Penthouse Suite.
Every guest room and suite is individually designed and decorated for guests who seek exclusive accommodations to match their exacting standards.
The guestrooms and suites feature:
- individual thermostat control,
- complimentary toiletries,
- down pillows,
- hair dryer,
- in-room electronic safe,
- hypo-allergenic foam pillows,
- mini bar,
- plush cotton towels and luxury bathrobes,
- twice-daily housekeeping service,
- TV set with satellite channels,
- Pay TV.
Business Services in the Room include: multi-line telephone, voice mail, speakerphone, all-news cable network, laptop upon request, and high-speed Internet access.
Superior Guest Rooms Luxuriously furnished rooms overlooking the Hotel’s courtyard with its flowering plants and bubbling fountain.
- These stylishly appointed rooms offer an average size of 29 square meters, have their own personal touches and unique interior details representing a turn-of-the century period.
Premier Guest Rooms Comfortably and uniquely appointed rooms that are ideal for the business traveller.
- Most of them have in display rare collection of antiques.
- Spacious working desks with hand made marqueterie and hand painted period armchairs.
- Most of these rooms overlook the hotel’s courtyard and inner garden, while some offer views of the Parliament House and the famous Constitution Square of Athens and the Acropolis.
- These rooms vary in size (an average of 29 square meters).
Deluxe Guest Rooms Elegantly appointed rooms that are located throughout the hotel and offer increased living space (aproximately 30 to 45 square meters , some with separate parlour, spacious working area and sitting areas with rare French antique furnishings.
- Connecting deluxe rooms are also available.
Deluxe Guest Rooms, Acropolis View Offering the most privileged and gracious room accommodation in the hotel with luxurious French style interiors, impressive decorative wall moulding and ceiling medallions, rare antique furnishings, original artwork, custom upholstery fabrics in raw silk and satin-fringed drapes.
- These rooms take advantage of spectacular views of the Acropolis with two large balcony doors and 35 square meters of space.
Junior Suites, Syntagma View Elegantly appointed suites, with interiors inspired by the Italian turn-of-the century “King George II” era, some with decorative fireplace and sitting area which offers views of the Parliament House and the Constitution (Syntagma) Square of Athens.
- The 42 square meters of their space can be converted into two-bedroom suites by connecting to a Premier Guestroom.
Junior Suites, Acropolis View Luxurious one bedroom suites facing the Acropolis, with interiors inspired by the Italian turn-of-the century “King George II” era, some with decorative fireplace and sitting area with silk brocade sofas.
- They can be converted into two-bedroom suites by connecting to a Premier Guestroom.
Deluxe Suites The luxuriously appointed Deluxe Suites, ideal for the business traveller, overlook the hotel’s courtyard and inner garden.
- Carefully selected luxurious furniture provides unique ambience.
- All suites feature a separate living room oversized writing desk and separate Bedroom.
Acropolis Deluxe Suite Overlooking the Acropolis and city of Athens, the spacious 70 square meters.
- Suite features one bedroom, one living room and two bathrooms.
- The Suite is decorated with period furniture, antiques and original art. Plasma TV and B & O hi-fi equipment.
King George Suite The King George Suite is a luxurious two bedrooms suite (98 square meters).
- Located on the 8th floor at the front side of the hotel it offers stunning views of the Acropolis, the House of Parliament and the city of Athens.
- This suite consists of two well-appointed bedrooms, a spacious living room with dining area and can be used also for private entertaining.
- Rare antique furnishings, original artwork and fine fabrics create a rich residential atmosphere.
Royal Penthouse Suite The impressive Royal Penthouse Suite redefines the concept of luxury.
- 350 sq.m. occupying the entire 9th floor with wall paintings by Konstantin Kakanias, create the perfect place for you to host a reception for 80 of your closest friends.
- In such a lavish setting pravate elevator, Jacuzzi, separate entrances for guests and staff are considered standard amenities.
- The piece de resistance: a private terrace with an unsurpassed view of the city, from the Parthenon to the Panathenaic Stadium, with a jacuzzi and a private swimming pool hand-laid with mosaic tiles.
In the room
- Exquisite Designers Fabrics
- Miracle King Size Beds & Twins
- Down Comforters and goose feather pillows
- Non-allergenic foam pillows available
- Working Desk
- Marble Bathrooms
- Separate shower cabin
- Make-up & Shaving mirror
- Luxurious Bathroom Amenities
- Slippers & terry bathrobe
- In-Room Safe deposit box
- Maxi bar & Refrigerator
- Multi-line cordless telephones
- Voice Mail
- Free high speed Internet Access
- Satellite and Pay TV (movie channels)
- Bang & Olufsen or Philips Plasma TV
- DVD players
- Hi-Fi CD Players
- Individual thermostat Controller
- Smoke detectors and Sprinkles
- Soundproofed windows
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- Evening Turndown
- 24-Hours Room Service
Business Services in the room:
- 24-hour Business centre
- Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)
- Conference Hall
- Extensive Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Laptop and printer available
- Secretarial services
- All-news cable network