Kapsaliana Village Hotel can be found on the island of Crete in an area of great natural beauty, surrounded by the largest olive grove on the island.
On approaching Kapsaliana you will realise that the hotel is the village itself, a fascinating group of stone buildings of Cretan and Venetian architecture, nestling in peaceful surroundings with superb views of the countryside and the sea. It is the perfect place for rest and relaxation, particularly as the whole settlement has been painstakingly renovated using natural materials to create a harmonious blend of old and new. The mixture of the traditional Cretan architecture of the houses and courtyards combined with Venetian carved stone vaults and outside staircases, make it a visually appealing compound.
If you are looking for a sanctuary away from the city and the tourist crowds, yet within easy reach to Rethymnon’s activities and attractions, the location of our the Kapsaliana Village Hotel is most convenient. The village is located just 4 km from the well known Monastery of Arkadi and a 10min drive from the surrounding sandy beaches of Stavromenos and Geropotamos.
The nearest airport to reach Kapsaliana is Heraklion, located approximately 65 km (1 hour’s drive) away from our village hotel. This international airport serves several daily flights from Athens as well as direct charter flights from all over Europe. From Chania airport, Kapsaliana is about 75km (1,5 hour’s drive) away.
Kapsaliana has easy accessibility to the town’s hospital, pharmacies, super markets, petrol stations, and several local taverns of Amnatos, Kyriana , Loutra or Stavromenos at a distance of between 1,2 km and 8 km.
The restaurant serves a tempting breakfast buffet of local produce including breads, cheeses, eggs, fruit, honey preserves plus cold meats, cereals and juices. Tasty lunchtime snacks are available and an evening a la carte menu offers a fine array of delicious Cretan cuisine. The adjoining restaurant lounge is furnished with comfortable sofas and after-dinner drinks may be taken through to be enjoyed at leisure.
Services & Faciliites
- Daily breakfast supplies (organic fruit & locally sourced produce)
- Daily maid service
- Linen provided, changed daily or according to preference
- Wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi) in the restaurant area, lounge & coffee corner
- Lounge with fireplace, library and TV- DVD corner
- Large outdoor pool (6 x 16m) with sun beds and umbrellas
- Pool towels
- Pool snack-bar
- Restaurant with fireplace, outdoor dining area and pergola
- Restaurant lounge with fire place
- Reception with small lounge
- Parking facilities
- Multi-lingual staff
- Tailor-made guided excursions & walking tours
- Credit cards and exchange
The village possesses fascinating surroundings and currently 17 distinctive, independent guesthouses which offer precious moments of relaxation and revival. Each dwelling has its own specific characteristics, but regardless of which one you choose, you will be impressed by their comfort, elegance and unique aesthetics.
- Individual bathroom (shower)
- Autonomous A/C
- Autonomous heating system with natural stone appliances
- Satellite TV
- CD/DVD player
- Mini bar
- Direct-dial phone
- Free internet access
- In-room safe-deposit box
- Personal hygiene & care products
- Flip-over, soundproofed windows