Charming small family hotel owned by Youloundas family, is situated in the suburb of Missiria 200m from the longest sandy beach of the island and 4km outside of Rethymnon city.
The hotel with its modern architecture is enveloped in vast gardens, where palm trees provide welcome shade from the warm sun.
The 76 rooms are modern furnished and offer an impressive range of facilities for your enjoyment.
The friendly service and family atmosphere offers to the guests, of all ages, the idyllic holiday that brings them back year after year.
The Hotel is built on a 10000 sqm land in a modern architectural style. It consists of a three level building, which occupies only 10% of the ground. The rest 90% of the ground is a well maintained garden wich accommodates all the facilities of the hotel.
The hotel has been fully renovated in the 2010 and 2011 period.
May Beach Hotel is perfectly located in the middle of the island, by the north coast of crete, 70klm from heraklion airport and 65 klm from chania airport.
It is situated 4km outside of Rethymno city by the suburb of Missiria ,and 150 meters from the longest sandy beach of kreta.
Due to its ideal position in the heart of the island easyly you can access the most famous attractions ,like the Minoan palace of Knossos and the archeological museum of Heraklion at the east part , the monastery of Preveli and Plakias resort at the south cost and the samaria Gorge and Elafonisos beach at the west part of Crete.
For those clients that they don't want to explore Crete but to have a quiet and relaxing holiday still in short distances and easy access from the hotel there are many enjoying attractions like: historic monastery of Arkadi, the old city of Rethymno with the Venetian port and Venetian fortress, the Myloi gorge, the Prasses gorge, the Venetian village of Maroulas and so on.
The main restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner with delicious Greek dishes.
The pool bar –tavern welcomes you with a big variety of fresh salads, light meals and refreshments ,when you feel like taking a break from sunbathing and swimming
The loby-bar offers you a nice view to the pool and you can relax on the extensive terrase , enjoying an aperitif or a special cocktail after dinner.
- Spacious lounges
- Internet corner and wi-fi all over the hotel
- Lobby cocktail bar
- Pool bar-tavern
- Satellite television in the lounge and all the rooms
- One large outdoor swimming pool
- one children pool
- Children play ground
- Sunbeds and umbrellas in the swimming pool (free)
- Open air shower and changing cabins in the pool
- Giant chess on the garden
- Tennis court ( with lights at night)
- Volley ball in the garden
- Table tennis
- Luggage room
- Courtesy room
- Parking (free)
- Complimentary wi-fi in the lobby area, garden area and all the rooms.
- 24 hours front desk service
- Languages (English ,French, German, Spanish , also some Italian and Russian)
- Organized excursions and sightseeing
- Taxi and bus transfer to the airport
- Bus connection to the city (10min 1e/ticket
- Wake up calls
- Fax service and e-mailing
- Medical care: Chemist 1km, Hospital 4km, private doctor(24 hours on call)
- Taxi connection to the city 7e/drive
- Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) in 300 meters by the village Platanes
- Airline information
- Free beach towels from the reception
- Credit cards
- Car and motorbike rental
- Postal services and express courier
- Dry cleaning
The rooms are modern furnished and offer an impressive range of facilities for your enjoyment. 1 double Or 2 single beds
Rooms are equipped with:
- Wi-fi internet access (no charge)
- Individually controlled air condition unit
- Flat screen satellite digital tv with a selection of channels in many languages
- Direct dial telephone
- Safety deposit box
- A seating area
- A fully furnished balcony with panoramic view of the gardens
- Baby cot on request (free)
- Bath or shower
- Bath amenities, toiletries
- 100% cotton towels